29 Recent Deviations
Featured: Critical Ascensi0n
|Welcome to Borderlands-Fans, your home for fanart of the Gearbox Software / 2K games Borderlands and Borderlands 2 as well as all associated media. We only ask that your art is original and keeps the spirit of the game and its characters.|
We do not accept:
- Traced art. This includes art traced from screenshots, official art, promo images, or someone else’s fanart.
- Usage/resubmissions of official/promotional art unless significantly edited for a wallpaper or other graphic.
- Art that copies/references official Gearbox screenshots/promo material (for example, we won't accept a drawing of Maya copied exactly from official promo material.)
- Screenshot redraws, unless done with significant effort involved.
- Works in Progress UNLESS you submit one and it is the latest version. Once you submit a finalized version we will remove all WIPs from the group to cut down on clutter.
- Bases, or artwork using them.
- Art violating the dA guidelines, including sexual depictions of minors or those who appear to be minors. This also includes images that depict obvious/clear sexual intercourse. We will also decline implied intercourse to remain within dA's rules.
- Fetish-based art/pieces/3D works.
- "Inspired by" pieces. Unless your image is obviously Borderlands-related in some way, please do not submit it. We do not accept general "wasteland" style drawings, nor do we accept "Borderlands-y" original characters.
- Political propaganda. Even if you use a Borderlands character to convey your message, the fact remains that it is not a piece celebrating Borderlands or its characters. I'm sure there are plenty of political groups that fall in line with the message being conveyed that would be happy to accept your submission.
- Game screenshots, unless they are meant to be high-res references - if so, please contact an admin and we will open the folder for you.
Please make sure you submit to the right category when adding your work.
- Go to the folder you want to add art to
- Click on the '+' on the upper right corner of that folder
- When you submit a piece, PLEASE make sure that you have selected the proper folder in the drop-down menu at the top of the submission widget. DeviantArt has an issue with "resetting" the folder even though you have clicked the + button on the correct folder - it will automatically default to the first listed folder, which is Brick in our case. Please double-check your folder before you click the button!
- Our character folders are for traditional and digital art only. If the piece is in another medium, it will go into the folder for that medium specifically.
-A digital painting of Moxxi would go into the Moxxi folder.
-A photo of a Moxxi cosplay would go into the Cosplay folder.
-A Garrys Mod posing of Moxxi would go into the 3D Works folder.
-A clay sculpture of Moxxi would go into the Crafts folder.
-And so on and so forth.
- The Multiple Characters folder is for images that contain 2 or more canon characters that already have their own folders. For example, an image of Tannis and Krieg will go into Multiple Characters. An image of Tannis and Baron Flynt will go into the Patricia Tannis folder because Baron Flynt does not have his own folder. However, an image of 2 original characters will still go into the Original Characters folder. An image of a canon character with an original character will still go into Multiple Characters.
- Images of cosplay props are to go into the Crafts folder, NOT the Cosplay folder. The Cosplay folder is for full/WIP costumes only.
- Images of non-Borderlands characters (or non-canon characters) dressed up as Borderlands characters do not go into the Cosplay folder. They are welcome in the Miscellaneous folder.
- Images with nudity, implied nudity, or sexual themes that don't violate DA's or our rules should be submitted to the NSFW folder. Not sure if your piece is NSFW? Ask yourself if your piece would be something you'd feel comfortable looking at if a boss, teacher, or parent was standing over your shoulder. If the answer is no, submit it to NSFW.
|More Journal Entries|